Nandgaon is located at 20.31°N 74.66°E. It has an average elevation of 475 meters above mean sea level. The climate here is quite dry as compared to other talukas in the district. The river shakambari flows through it.
Nandgaon, the headquarters of the taluka of the same name, with in 1971 a population of 15,885, is a railway station on the Bombay-Bhusaval section of the Central Railway. It is a municipal town lying 96.56 km. (sixty miles) north-east of Nasik and is also connected by road to Ellora caves which are 70.81 km. (forty -four miles) distant. From a small village in 1881, Nandgaon has grown into a fairly big town but in spite of the commercial activity and prosperity it has brought, the town has not been developed on system atic lines. The roads, though of cement-concrete, are for the most part narrow flanked by rows of congested and ill-ventilated houses, with the exception of the one leading to the railway station. The railway station has comfortable waiting and refreshment rooms. Behind the railway station not far away, is a travellers’ bungalow. Here are also located the municipal civil dispensary and the veterinary dispensary of the Zilla Parishad.
A fair is held in Her honour on Chaitra Shuddha 15. It is attended by a little over 2,500 persons. Located near the Malegaon Vesh, the Parshvanatha temple is a Jain place of worship. It is a double-storeyed building with a spacious sabhamandap richly ornamented with carved arches and other designs. Near the main entrance there are two elephant figures in a sitting posture. In Bha drapada, celebrations are held on a lavish scale. There is a marble manastambha about 10.97 metres (36 ft) in height. The town has also a dargah known as Ammacha dargah.